From: jimhyslopca (jim.hyslop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-01 11:56:32

http://www.boost.org/libs/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.htm
> > states that "T may be void, but in that case, either an explicit
delete
> > function must be passed in, or the pointed-to object must have a
trivial
> > destructor."
>
> Well, it no longer does; see the version in the CVS that is more up
> to date
> (but still needs work.)
Ah, of course.

> Again, see the documentation in the CVS.
Do I detect a theme here? :-)

> > I'm writing an article on the smart pointers for the CUJ, and I'd
> > like
> > to know if I can correctly state "The default behavior for
> > shared_ptr is
[...]
> Not really... The "default behavior" of shared_ptr<> is to _not_
> require
> complete types unless necessary.
Yes, poor wording on my part - I don't know why I used the phrase
"default behavior" applied to a single-argument ctor. Good thing the
article is still in the draft stage!

> Hopefully this makes sense. ;-)
Yes, thanks. I've just refreshed my CVS checkout. I noticed at least
one other new item, shared_polymorphic_downcast, has been added, so
I'll have to re-read the documentation and the files to make sure I'm
up to date.

Thanks for the tips!

--
Jim