From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-08 13:25:33

On Wednesday 08 May 2002 01:51 pm, you wrote:
> Current plan is to pull the library source directly from CVS. Problem is,
> I don't know what version to tell QC I'm using and, unless all the folks at
> boost.org would agree not to add anything to CVS for a while, I SURE can't
> tell them how to re-create what I did. ;)
> </some background>
>
> I can always take what I've got; check it in and call it a day but that's
> not the path to getting boost integrated into the development environment
> around here. (Hey, I'm trying to be an evangelist here.) Anyone by any
> chance working on some updated instructions and/or docs that maybe aren't
> ready for prime time but would be willing to share?

First, the required question. Are you using any of these libraries: threads,
regex, or python? If not, you don't need Boost.Build. Just take the Boost
headers and put them somewhere.

If so, you will need Boost build. At this point, I'd suggest waiting for
1.28.0 before trying to get Boost past QC. 1.28.0 should be available within
a week or two, and there have been many improvements to Boost.Build that will
be included.

        Doug