From: William E. Kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-16 11:19:23

The Boost-install mail list is up and running
(http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-install to subscribe),
and several people have subscribed. However, traffic is non-existent on the
list. I'm concerned that the effort will die if we don't start some
momentum. Currently, I have 4 people who volunteered to help with this
effort. Hopefully these volunteers are just pressed for time right now and
will start contributing shortly, but in any event we need more volunteers.
So, I'm calling on people once again.

The goal is to create a set of procedures for both the Boost developers and
the Boost "installers" that will facilitate the creation of an installation
"script" or set of "scripts" for supported platforms. The volunteers will
help to define the procedures and to implement the "script(s)" for the
target platforms so that Boost users can easily install Boost for use.

We need volunteers with a lot of different qualifications. We need someone
familiar with every supported platform (I don't mean that a single volunteer
needs to know every platform) so that we can insure we define the procedures
correctly and can provide an installation solution for every platform. We
need people to help us document the procedures and to code the "script(s)".

If you're interested in helping with this effort, please join the
Boost-install list and let us know how you'd like to contribute.

Thanks,
Bill Kempf