From: NYSSEN Peter (BMB) (Peter.NYSSEN_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-17 10:00:10

Hi all,

I'm working on a multithreaded application on Sun Solaris 8 with Sun
Workshop 6 update 2 installed.
Currently my application uses the pthreads library.
I've been looking at the Boost.threads library and I would like to use
this instead of pthreads.

I see that the Sun WS compiler is not in the supported toolsets list and
there is no appropriate jam file available.
In the Compiler Status: solaris page I see that this compiler is being
tested, but no refference to the threads lib.

Can anybody point me in the right direction as how I should build this
lib in my environment?
Is it enough if I try to create a jam file?
Has anybody already done this (preferably for release 1_28)?
What is the reason this compiler is not in the supported toolsets list?

Kind regards,

Peter Nyssen

**** DISCLAIMER ****

"This e-mail and any attachment thereto may contain information which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above.
Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by other persons than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer".

Thank you for your cooperation.

For further information about Proximus mobile phone services please see our website at http://www.proximus.be or refer to any Proximus agent.