From: dmarsh26us (david.marsh10_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-18 03:46:00

Hi Matt,

I had the same problem, I think there is some sort of internal
compiler limit for template expansion. I fixed it by putting all my
properties in a class and just using the class as the one property,
seemed to work fine.

Dave

--- In Boost-Users_at_y..., "Siegel, Matthew" <matthew.siegel_at_s...>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First off . . . great graph library.
>
> I can not get Visual C++ 6 SP5 to compile when I try to put multiple
> properties on the edges. Seems like a problem with the 3rd
parameter that a
> boost::property can take another boost::property.
>
> When the 2nd property is taken out of the edge property list,
everything
> works fine.
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> Matt
>
> Example:
>
> // Vertex property - name as a string
> typedef boost::property<boost::vertex_name_t, std::string>
VertexProperties;

> // Edge property - name as string, weight as a double
> typedef boost::property< boost::edge_weight_t, double,
> boost::property< boost::edge_name_t, std::string> >
EdgeProperties;

> // Graph definition
> typedef boost::adjacency_list<
> boost::vecS, // Store out-edges in a std::vector
> boost::vecS, // Store vertex set in a std::vector
> boost::directedS, // Graph is directed
> VertexProperties, // Vertex properties
> EdgeProperties> Graph; // Edge properties
>
> Produces the following compiler error:
>
> Compiling...
> routetable.cpp
> c:\dev\lib\stlport-4.5.3\stlport\stl\char_traits.h(138) : fatal
error C1001:
> INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
> (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)
> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual
C++