From: Louis Lavery (Louis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-18 15:30:23

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Jones <jdadson_at_[hidden]>
To: <Boost-Users_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, 15 May, 2002 12:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Boost-Users] adjacency_list.cpp

> Louis Lavery wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've bought the book (BGL) and am trying to compile
> > boost_1_27_0/boost/libs/example/adjacency_list.cpp but...
> >
> > ...MSVC6 spits out the dreaded "fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER
ERROR".

> I'm in the same boat you are. I use stlport rather than the STL that
> ships with VC++, by the way. I got the same result that you did --
> compiler crashed. It looks suspiciously like a bug that was presumeably
> fixed in version 5.0.
>
> I've been able to make a graph using listS for the nodes, and also
> slistS, rather than vecS. You might want to give that a try.
>
> Dave

I've been meaning to get STLport so I've now got it :-)

After some messing about I managed to compile and run
adjacency_list.cpp.

After more messing about, it now compiles as is and
without STLport! All I've done is turn off incremental
compiling and linking and precompiled headers.

Thanks for you help,

Louis.