From: Siegel, Matthew (matthew.siegel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-20 10:19:24

Hi,

Please correct me if I'm wrong. It seems as if a vertex_index gets assigned
to a vertex as it's added to the graph automatically. However, this doesn't
seem to be the case for the edge_index.

Is this correct??

I forsee the following problem. With the graph implemented using a
std::vector for both the vertex list and the edge list, if a vertex is
removed from the graph the index is corrected for the vertex_descriptor to
the new, appropriate index. However, if an edge is removed, the index for
the edge_descriptor will not be corrected with the removal of an element in
the vector. Also, this causes headaches when using an external property
map. The edge index is linked directly to a location in my map.

Any solutions for these problems??

Thanks,

Matt