From: Alexander Terekhov (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-22 09:37:16

imi123_1999 wrote:

> Is there any other site from where we can get the example programs
> illustrating the usage of boost libraries especially threads. I found
> the example programs present on boost web site not sufficient to
> fully understand the concepts. So please tell me from where i can get
> the further information regarding the usage of boost thread library.

Here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=67b13fa49e352543557f1f38646224aa.11102%40mygate.mailgate.org
("Subject: Boost.Threads and Dinkum CoreX" thread)

Oh, BTW:

<somewhere in this thread>

" > Garry Lancaster wrote:
> > As we established on the recent "C++ and threads" thread
> > not all of pthreads can be implemented on some common
> > thread-aware platforms e.g. Win32. You yourself, Alexander,
> > wrote that 'Only Microsoft could make it "complete", I mean
> > FULL implementation of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001.'

 Alexander Terekhov:
> I meant QOI (Quality of Implementation) issues

 How does QoI affect whether it's a complete
 implementation or not?

> and actually this:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=3CBC1A30.EF89B4BF%40web.de
>
> "....
> As for Microsoft... if I'd be a US citizen, I'd rather
> petition my Senator/Attorney General/etc. and/or DOJ
> requesting the *enforced* MS commitment to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwbgen/htm
 l/msdn_posix.asp

 I got an MSDN "Page cannot be found" page when I tried
 this link :-("

see (if interested) "Funny story" here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3CE67AB2.7D432D88%40web.de
(Subject: Re: The implementation of condition variables in
pthreads-win32)

regards,
alexander.

P.S. It seems that someone (perhaps CUJ-folks/Kempf/Becker/Plauger ;-))
successfully eliminated my original call-for-comments/feedback-article
(referenced in that "Boost.Threads/Dinkum.CoreX" thread)

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3CB14C2F.349AEF75%40web.de
(That link is BROKEN: "Unable to find thread. Please recheck the URL.")

from google (on "copyright" grounds, I guess; my article included
BOTH links to boost/CUJ and the entire copy of CUJ article plus all
examples... to encourage/simplify context related comments)...

Guess what? That original posting can still (but NOT for the long
time from now, I guess ;-)) be found here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3CB14F95.4B37B484%40web.de