From: Duane Murphy (duanemurphy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-31 17:04:04

Fellow Boosters,
I am looking for a little guidance with the regex library. I have an
application that I would like to use regex for. I am new to regex so I am
not sure how to approach it. Mostly I am reading. The examples so far
have been very impressive, but so complicated as to make it difficult to
understand how to do something simple.

What I would like to do is process a string (or file) that has many
symbols that are delimited with something like "&foo;". The delimiters
are not that interesting. Just something to make them easy to locate. The
string between the delimiters is then used to lookup a replacement string
and substituted. I would search for something like "&.*;".

The examples show how a basic search and replace would work, but how
would I do something with a looked-up replace?

 ...Duane

--
"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the
guise of fighting a foreign enemy."              - James Madison