From: Bill Eidson (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-28 15:07:49

Hi all,

I am using boost 1.28 and the threads library on windows with VC7.Net.

I am creating threads in a threadgroup use function objects. Inside of
these threads, I am creating other threads again using function objects.
The problem is at run time the debug environment is informing me of a call
type collision indicating the return address/stack is set up incorrectly.
The debug message: "The value of ESP was not properly saved across
afunction call. This is usually a result of calling a function declared
with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a
different calling convention."

this is in the declaration
template<typename Functor>
void assign_to(Functor f)
{
   this->assign_to(f,tag());
}

The error is at the end of the function

First, is it legal in boost::thread to start one thread in another
Second, If it is, what is going on with the function_template.hpp code here

Thanks
bille