From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-06 05:47:27

> I've been trying to make MacOS X compile the example snippets from
> boost_1_28_0/libs/regex/example/snippets/ and I keep getting these messy
> link errors. It looks like /usr/bin/c++ is having trouble linking to
> libboost_regex.a here's an example:

I don't know what the issue is here - although I have been able to build and
test regex on sourceforge's Darwin server, so this is possible. One thing I
seem to remember is that Darwin requires that ranlib is run against .a files
before you can link to them, I don't know if this is the issue here. One
thing you might want to try is to try and build the regex regression test
program using the makefile supplied:

# build the lib:
cd /boost-root/libs/regex/build
make -fgcc.mak