From: juxtaposenj (matt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-13 08:48:12

Is there any way to force boost to build using VC7 and STLPort? I
tried the obvious (settings TOOLS=msvc-stlport, and setting
MSVC_DIR=<path to VC7>), but I got a ton of compiler errors that way.

I ask because VC6 + STLPort 4.5.3 has some serious issues with the
the VC6 compiler, causing internal compiler errors (very bad :P).

Also, I keep hearing mention of a way to build the boost libs from
inside the VC IDE (and the ability to build them for static linking),
but I can't find project files, or a Jam option to build static. What
am I missing?

This is all Boost 1.28.0.

Matt Holmes