From: lognez (corno_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-15 04:11:32

Hi all,

I am trying to pass a smart pointer (boost::shared_ptr<T>) as an
argument to
a function that is implemented by a dll and called by an executable,
but
whenever I execute the application, it goes into a loop, no matter
what the
type of T is. When the function is implemented in the exe or when the
function is called from inside the dll it works fine.
Does anybody have a clue what could be happening?
BTW, I'm not implicating a bug in boost, I know that it could as well
be a
MS VC++ bug but I would just like to know how this comes and how I
can solve
it.

Corno

PS I've tried to post this message directly to the newsgroup but that
did not work. Is that news group perhaps read only?