From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-26 11:07:19

Boost.Python v1 is incompatible with newer compilers like GCC 3.1, basically
because it uses a non-conforming C++ construct and exploits a bug common to
many C++ compilers at the core of its codebase. That's part of the reason we
started freshly with Boost.Python v2. I'm afraid that if you want to use GCC
3.1 you'll have to switch to v2. That might be a good idea anyway, as v1 is
going to be retired in the coming month.

-Dave