From: Jean Llorca (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-27 10:44:51

Thank you Sam,

I feel quite shitty to not have known this before.

I posted this because I thought static_cast couldn't "downcast" and because
of downcast/upcast impairment. When I realized I could down_cast using
reinterpret_cast and static_cast I should have reconsidered this instead of
posting this thing.

I learned C++ with visual:
c:\dev\test\test.cpp(49) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from
'class B *' to 'class C *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

If only the redactor could have added static_cast will do sometimes ;)

Jean.