From: srivatsan raghavan (machinshin2002_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-12 14:29:24

> Please refer to the regex installation docs: you can
> either define
> BOOST_REGEX_NO_LIB to suppress automatic selection
> of lib's, or build the
> "right" libs from the supplied makefile. I realise
> that it's a pain that
> jam doesn't do the right thing yet, but I haven't
> quite figured out how yet
> :-(
>
> John Maddock

please do not take this the wrong way, but what is the
point of using Jam if it doesn't accomplish such a
seemingly basic task? .. :/

if i may suggest , you should update the regex docs to
mention this fact as the errors i was getting were not
immediately intuitive , i had to spend some
significant time trying to figure out what my problem
was ..

at any rate thank you for the advice, after having
used the macro you provided, i included the
jam-created lib and things worked fine for me ..

again, thank you for your assistance, and thank you
for releasing boost::regex++ , as it is a great and
extremely useful library

--vat