From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-26 13:05:50

At 10:15 AM 7/26/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

>That's neat, but we already have the permutation adaptor, and I don't
think
>it's really a simple enough example. Beman's example just makes a simple
>iterator, not an adaptor, and I think that's an important feature for a
>"hello, world"-type introduction.

Yes, that what I think is needed for the first introductory example.

By the way, after getting the ia_experiment to work, I went on to write a
real iterator (for iterating over the names in a path). It was very easy
to write and worked right away. Having ia_experiment.cpp in front of me was
very helpful.

Dave's suggestion for a list iterator would probably be more understandable
to more people.

--Beman