From: Bohdan (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-31 17:49:49

Has boost any plans on creating container, that holds data by pointer, not
by
value?

Rationale:
It is impossible to use normally vector<...> for types that do not have
copy constructor. Interface of vector< shared_ptr<...> > doesn't seems to be
very convenient( for example with std::algorithms ).
And most of all it is not good idea to show vector< shared_ptr<...> >
interface to
user of my lib, that wants to have container::iterator with normal behavior.

AFAIK majority of existing libraries have/need such container ?
As to me it is strange that neither stl nor boost have such class.
I'm missing 'something' and there are important reasons for
not doing this ?