From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-12 08:08:58

Hi!

Yesterday, I posted a new vacpp-tools.jam to the boost build list.
You should use this because it selects the correct compile for
the threading model needed.

I'm not sure if the boost vacpp configuration is currently correct.
I did the same as you. But you should do

sh configure --with-boost=<path_to_boost> CC=xlc_r CXX=xlC_r

Afterwards you have to manually set BOOST_HAS_THREADS as you
discovered by yourself. This is because the configure script
discovers that POSIX threads are available by the configure
system doesn't set BOOST_HAS_THREADS itself. Maybe it should?
You should ask John Maddock about it.

As for the regex error, I posted something to the dev list
yesterday but received no answers so far.

HTH, Markus