From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-16 19:28:38

At 02:05 PM 9/16/2002, John B. Williston wrote:
>On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:48:39 -0400, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
>wrote:
>
>>Could the problem be that you are trying to use the current Filesystem
>>stuff with Boost 1.28.0?
>
>I suppose so. As I hopefully indicated, I'm a complete newbie to using
>Boost. I've been aware of it for a while, but it was only a day or two
>ago that I downloaded the latest official release available. As I
>check the directory name, it indeed seems to be v1.28.0.
>
>>I've only been testing the Filesystem Library with the current Boost
CVS,

See http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=7586

>>Does sample code from other Boost libraries compile and run OK for you?
>
>I do not know. The only things I've tried to use to date (viz., the
>dir_it and filesystem libs) both fail with all sorts of heinous
>errors. I haven't tried any of the other stuff yet.

You also might want to spend some more time looking around the web site,
and
become familiar with some of the regular (non-beta, part of a regular Boost
release) libraries, first. Look at the Compiler Status
(http://www.boost.org/status/compiler_status.html) to make sure the library
works with your compiler.

HTH,

--Beman