From: Chris Russell (cdr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-18 10:42:14

Is there a way to abort an algorithm while it's processing? Can I throw an
exception out of a visitor method? I have a case where I need the algorithm
to crunch on a large graph until some condition dependent on property data
is reached. If and when the condition is met, I would like to skip the
processing of the remaining vertices/edges and save the cycles. Does using
exceptions sound like a reasonable approach?

- Thanks
Chris

P.S. Thanks for the help with properties and property maps the other day. I
cleaned up my code and eventually tracked the source of my considerable
confusion to a bug in an operator= defined on the object that I'm using as
an internal property. This bug manifested itself by re-initializing
previously set data seemingly at random >8|-~ Arg... My bad.