From: Chris Russell (cdr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-20 14:58:12

Gee - I certainly didn't expect any controversy over this particular
question ;) Thanks for the help all. I have elected to use the exceptions
approach in my case as the number of vertices/edges in my graph is large and
the ratio of time spent unwinding the stack upon reaching my goal condition
vs. executing the algorithm to determine if there the condition is met at
all approaches zero. I should note that the exception method additionally
has the benefit of allowing me to throw the exact details back to the
calling code in a very clear and explicit manner.

Thanks again - Chris