From: Thomas Maeder (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-25 11:15:02

Markus Werle <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Could You please tell us which one You used?
> The boost pool_allocators gave me exactly no difference
> in speed for my own project ...

I wrote one myself. I then was pointed to the optimized allocators that come
with STLPort (based on work from SGI) and had similar results.

My implementation stores deallocated chunks in a singly-linked list and tries
to allocate from that list before asking a different allocator for the memory.
This works quite well if you use one allocator per regex, since most chunks
allocated when using one regex have the same size.