From: David Abrahams (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-25 13:03:46

"Bernhard Glueck" <bernhard_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Since we switched our projects to the new VC7.1 C++ Compiler ( MSVC 1310 )
recently i am not able to compile Boost Python anymore.
> The question is, if that's not supported at all, or if there is a
workaround to do this. ( Compiling with VC7.0 works fine for me )

> I upgraded to the most recent CVS version of Boost today, but still no
luck ( using bjam "-sTOOLS=vc7" ) at least it does not spit out a "Unknown
compiler version" warning anymore....

> Any clues?

I've never tested Boost.Python v1 with vc7.1, but I have been testing and
developing Boost.Python v2 under Everett; everything works fine.

I have no plans to try to backport v1 to any new compilers, especially since
Boost.Python v1 relies on non-conforming C++ techniques (sorry). Boost
1.29.0 , due in a couple of weeks, will contain only Boost.Python v2 (and an
archive version of Boost.Python v1 for those who are slow to make the
transition).

-Dave

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting