From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-08 23:00:23

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 07:14 pm, Brian Neal wrote:
> I hope this is appropriate for this mailing list...

Absolutely.

> 2) Should there be (is there?) a central boost license that all boost
> libraries have that we can point our lawyers at, instead of going to each
> and every boost developer to get permission to use his/her library?

There is no central Boost license. There are, however, license requirements as
stated here:
  http://www.boost.org/more/lib_guide.htm#License

Each Boost library has its own license that _must_ meet those requirements. Of
course, that won't satisfy the lawyers, so you'll probably have to send them
the individual library licenses for approval.

We really could do much better in this area: at the very least, we could
provide a comprehensive list of the licenses for each library.

        Doug