From: silvermangbs (silvermangbs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-07 17:25:36

Since I don't have librt.so on my Solaris (2.6 & 8) machines, I am
trying to get Boost to use libposix4.so (which contains the same
functions). I have substituted "posix4" for "rt" in the configure and
configure.in files. I have done the same for the gcc-tools.jam file,
since, I am using gcc (2.95.2 and 3.2). All seems to go well until I
try to run the thread tests. Then, the linker is unable to find the
posix4 library! What's going on? libposix4.so is in /usr/lib, so, the
gcc compiler should be able to find it. Any ideas?

Greg Silverman
TRW
Sunnyvale, CA