From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-20 23:30:03

Chris Southern <cdsouthern_at_[hidden]> writes:

> hi,
> sorry if this is a really dumb question, but is bjam supposed to be
> useable to build things *with* boost as well as building boost
> itself?

Yep.

> I can't spot the info on how to start that in the Boost.Build docs.
> Setting the path to the boost headers and the built boost libraries
> is what I'm stumbling over.

Use the <include> and <sysinclude> features to specify #include "" and
#include<> paths. Use <library-path> to specify library search paths,
and <find-library> to specify built libraries. You might look at the
contents of

  http://www.boost.org/libs/python/example/project.zip

for an example. Some narrative text about that file can be found at:

  http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html

We know, the docs are a bit thin so far, sorry!

--
                       David Abrahams