From: Tom Matelich (tmatelich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-25 14:33:32

> I was excited to get to use the graph library for a
> dependency tracking tool
> we needed, now I have a feature that I don't know how to do. This is
> mapping library/executable dependencies and we have a lot of apps with
> common sub-libraries. I'd like to extract a full-rebuild
> order for only
> certain nodes, i.e. what libs do I need to build for apps A
> and B? Since
> its a DAG, I thought something about reachability, perhaps?
> I'm not too
> familiar with graph theory :(

Okay, so I solved that one with using a "depends on" relationship rather
than "used by", then used a breadth_first_search.

Now I have a tougher question, maybe I'll get an answer this time :). I'm
trying to make my graphviz representation look nicer and I was wondering if
there is an algorithm already for simplifying:

    -----B\
A--< \
    --------C

to:

A---B---C

of course this is happening on a much larger scale.

Thanks for any input you might have,

Tom

pardon the disclaimer...

DISCLAIMER: Information contained in this message and/or
attachment(s) may contain confidential information of Zetec, Inc.
If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender by return email.