From: Thomas Wenisch (twenisch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-10 14:03:20

Paul,

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Paul Mensonides wrote:

[ snip: lengthy example of 3 different ways to generate repeated code
  over a cartesian product of substitutions ]

These examples were very enlightening, thanks for going to the trouble of
posting them to the list for all of us to see. I have a few questions:

1) Is there any reason to prefer lists over sequences on any compilers? It
   seems that the syntax for sequences is much nicer, since you don't have
   to spend time counting paranthesis.

2) What is the data structure you use in the file iteration example (the
   structure which requires prepended lengths). Are the hardcoded lengths
   neccessary for file iteration to work, or could one of the other data
   structures (ie sequences) be used instead? I really like the simple
   syntax of the sequence type. Nothing to screw up :)

I must admit that I haven't read the docs of Boost.PP since before 1.28
was released, so I know very little about file iteration. My apologies if
these questions are already answered in the docs.

Regards,
-Tom Wenisch
Computer Architecture Lab
Carnegie Mellon University