From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-22 20:49:59

At 02:06 PM 1/22/2003, Leo Landa wrote:

>Good day to everyone,
>
>I have been monitoring boost for quite some time now, as well as
>stealing bits and pieces here and there. Now I want to actually start
>using it "as intended", on several UNIX platforms and CYGWIN. Some of
>those environments do not have a lot of disk space (web presence
>accounts).
>
>So, where would I find a small, but to-the-point tutorial, explaining
>the directory organization, library interdependence, etc., so that I
>can get the libraries I want and skip the bulky unnecessary stuff (for
>my projects, that is)?
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated.

At one time we published a header dependency chart, but as Boost grew it
became unwieldy and we no longer produce it.

There have been past discussions on how to meet this need, and the
consensus is that usually what is required is a library (rather than
header) dependency analysis.

This would be fairly easy to produce, using a number of Boost's own
libraries, of course:-)

But the holdup is that it is only a medium priority task, and lately has
been pushed aside in favor of higher priority work. If someone else wants
to take this one over, I'd be glad to hand it off. We want to do it
entirely in C++, so any Booster can maintain it.

--Beman