From: Markus Werle (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-27 10:07:36

Peter Dimov wrote:

> From: "Markus Werle" <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]>
>> Hi!
>>
>> the placeholders in boost/bin/placeholders.hpp
>> are put in an anonymous namespace.
>>
>> This is awkward, since like this they are visible
>> even in places where I do not want them to be so, e.g.:
>>
>> #include <all_of_boost_lambda>
>> #include <all_of_boost_function> // not unlikely to use both
>
> Why would you ever need to use <boost/bind.hpp> and
> <boost/lambda/lambda.hpp> together? Lambda has its own bind.

Well, I just happen to have a class that
a) uses boost::bind, etc to create functors, so
::_1 is visible
and
b) uses boost::lambda to remove all sort of loops
so boost::lambda::_1 must be made visible.

They are used _in_ _parallel_, not together.
IMHO it is a good idea to have them both in name namespaces.

Any good reason to leave them in :: scope?

Markus