From: Gennadiy E. Rozental rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-18 13:20:55

--- In Boost-Users_at_[hidden], "Hannu Helminen" <yg-boost-
users_at_m...> wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Can the boost::test used without the library-provided main()?
>
> Rationale:
> - the application does not have main() but WinMain()
> - it is built on top of MFC so even the WinMain() is already
supplied by the
> framework
> - I would like to control the execution of unit tests myself, e.g.
include a
> menu item "Run unit tests now"
>
> Can anyone help me?
> Hannu Helminen
> Finland

Let's consider unit test framework for example:

1. Create library from sources without including unit_test_main.cpp
2. Copy functionality of unit_test_main.cpp ( in full or partially)
in whatever place you prefer
3. Enjoy

Gennadiy.

P.S. It may be interesting to create windows-based library that
would link with user code and would allow:
a) Run tests
b) See results in some format

I have it in my to do list. Recently I implemented XML based output.
So it should be easier to interpret and present output to the user.