From: sam samijackson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-19 19:02:39

Howdy,

I have cygwin running on a WinXP box and am trying to get the threads
up and running. I built the Boost.Threads and things look good.

Then I try:

"bjam -sTOOLS=gcc test"

from the /lib/thread/test directory and the test fails with:

<build>

...found 1203 targets...

...using 1 temp target...

...updating 181 targets...

...using
<libs!thread!test/test_thread.test/gcc/debug/runtime-link-static/threa
ding-multi>test_thread.run...

succeeded-test-file
../../../libs/thread/test/bin/test_thread.test/gcc/debug/runtime-link-
static/threading-multi/test_thread.test

Syntax error: "fi" unexpected (expecting "then")

<chomp/>

 echo "*"

          echo "***************** failed above test: test_thread

          echo "*"

</build>

My question is, how do I correctly get Boost to use either native or
pthreads and pass the tests above?

I've checked the FAQs, Googled and all that, but can't seem to find an
answer. I'm sure it's easy, but can't get it right.

thanks

Sam