From: Russell Hind (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-25 09:49:07

Eric Crampton wrote:
> I'm trying to test the date_time functionality of boost and am having some
> difficulties. I would like to simply get the current local time into a ptime
> and write it out as an ISO-8601 string.
>
> Using Boost 1.29 and g++ 3.2, when I compile the following code I get a
> number of *linker* errors.

I've had a problem while using it with Borland C++Builder. The solution
(which I think Jeff posted here a while back) is to

#define DATE_TIME_INLINE

before including the header files. This solved linker errors for me.

> Best as I can tell (cd $BOOST_ROOT/boost/date_time && find . -name '*.cpp'
> -print), there are no .cpp files to be compiled...

In boost/libs/date_time/src there are 3 .cpp files which may need to be
added (if you don't want to build the lib) which is the way I've done
it. (in boost-1.29.0 anyway)

Cheers

Russell