From: paul_snively paul_snively_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-01 13:47:08

Folks,

I'd like to be able to run a boost unit test, e.g. is_convertible_test.cpp, as kind of a one-shot apart from having to deal with the rest of boost. So I read the documentation on the unit test framework, and it seems like this should be relatively straightforward. I've created a Carbon Console project in Codewarrior, which contains the following files:

is_convertible_test.cpp
init.cpp (from type_traits/test)
unit_test_main.cpp
unit_test_suite.cpp
unit_test_result.cpp
unit_test_log.cpp
unit_test_monitor.cpp
execution_monitor.cpp
unit_test_parameters.cpp
test_tools.cpp

This all compiles and links file, which is a relief in and of itself. :-)

However, when I simply run the app, I get "*** No errors detected". If I remove is_convertible_test.cpp and rebuild and run again, I get the same result. :-) So my suspicion is that I need to do more to let the framework know that it needs to run is_convertible_test.cpp. Can someone please clue me in as to what that is, in minimal terms?

Thanks!