From: Brian (bneal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-06 13:32:15

So in case anyone cares (are there any other VxWorks/Boost users out
there?):

The problem was of my own making. But I have upgraded to 1.29.0 so
all was not lost.

For VxWorks users: be careful with the -fmerge-templates option. I
had this on to avoid code bloat. I then changed the
lightweight_mutex class enabling pthread support and by adding a
print statement to see if it really was making that pthread call.
But I only recompiled just the test file that was testing
shared_ptr. There was already another lightweight_mutex laying
around in one of my libraries that I link with (and it was from the
pre-pthread days). The muncher then picked that one instead of mine
because of -fmerge-templates. So it crashed big time. Doing a "clean
all" straightened that out. Duh.

BTW, now that VxWorks has pthread support, boost works great without
any custom mods. I can provide my user configuration file to anyone
else who is trying to get boost running on VxWorks.

Thanks,
BN

--- In Boost-Users_at_[hidden], "Brian" <bneal_at_z...> wrote:
> We are using boost 1.27 (I know, I know) with the real-time
operating
> system VxWorks, which ships with its own "special" version of gcc
> 2.96 (not that same as Red Hats - I know, I know).
>
> Today I finally got around to providing a version of
atomic_count.hpp