From: speedsnaii (speedsnaii_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-10 13:42:14

Hi Joerg,
or anyone who can help!

As I am still on my spline templates, I came on to the following
beast:

template<class T>
struct index_vector : public vector<std::pair<T,
vector<ublas::vector<T>::size_type> > > {};

This should be an index vector that relates to a double (first) a
vector of indices (second) which happens to be different for
each 'first'. So far so easy.

I can say:

index_vector<double> IY;
IY.resize(5);
IY[0].first = 3.14;
IY[0].second.reset(vector<double>(3));
IY[0].second[2] = 1;

But I cannot:

index_vector<double> IZ(IY);

or

index_vector<double> IZ;
IZ = IY;

or
IZ.reset(IY);

This compiles, but gives me runtime assertions because of size
mismatches. I think my derived class is not 'copy constructible'
and 'assignable'.
Is there a simple way to fix this?

(I am not even sure whether this is a uBLAS matter. So please simple
tell me, and I will try to learn the missing parts.)

Thank you,
Roland