From: Michael Hunley (mhunley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-17 12:26:44

I posted a solution to this for the v1 jambuild on the jambuild list, but
not sure if anything will come of it since most of the effort is going into
v2. My solution (for threads only) was to add a simple stage target at the
end of the root Jamfile. Here it is:

stage bin
         : ## Source Files ##
         <dll>libs/thread/build/boost_thread
         : ## Tags ##
         <tag><debug>"d"
         : ## default variants ##
         debug
         release
         ;

This puts all the libs and such in $(BOOST)/bin s.t. all debug variants
have are of the form <libraryname>d.<extension>. This is not completely
robust (since the possible variants are huge), but it should help basic
users out who need one of the generated libs. Makes linking and DLL/SO
access much simpler.

Under v2 it will be a different ball of wax, but much better/more
maintainable (IMHO).

HTH,
michael