From: Michael Hunley (mhunley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-18 10:14:37

Yes, but as of the last version I got from CVS (threads/Jamfile dated
1/30/03) it put it in a folder [$(BOOST)/libs/thread/bin-stage] that is not
common with other produced libs. This is better than the gristed folders,
but still not as useful or convenient as a top level common folder [like
$(BOOST)/bin-stage]. When I need to specify in Linux where to look for
shared libs, or when I want to add the .lib to link with in MSVC, I prefer
the one-stop-shopping for all my boost libs. Perhaps I'm just being lazy,
but that is the mother of invention, after all ;). I hear tell that the
new v2 boost will have an "install" (don't know if it is a build target or
something else) which will probably be far superior still.

michael