From: John Van Horne (jvanhorne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-26 12:39:27

We just upgraded from 1.29.0 to 1.30.0 and started having a problem
running in the unit test framework. When we start the test with the
command line parameter "--report_level=detailed" the tests crash. They
work fine if we set the environment parameter
BOOST_TEST_REPORT_LEVEL=detailed, or when we set other command line
parameters, such as "--log_level=detailed".

I looked at the code in libs/test/src/unit_test_main.cpp and saw that
the command line parsing for report_level doesn't occur until after the
unit test suite has been invoked. It appears that the unit test is then
getting a command line that contains "--report_level=detailed". In our
case, it doesn't know what to do with this.

I hacked our copy of unit_test_main.cpp to parse the command line for
--report_level before starting the unit test suite, storing the value
locally.

Has anyone else had this problem? Are we using the unit test framework
the wrong way? Do you think I fixed it the right way, and will there be
an official fix soon?

Thanks,
-John Van Horne