From: Jeff Holle (jeff.holle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-27 16:15:44

What type of graph?
What system are you working on?

There are plenty of examples in BGL (boost_1_30_0/libs/graph/example).

I found using graphviz is an effective way to experiment with BGL, but
there are a few caviots.
This is simply an I/O library. The actual package can be found at:
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/

First, the libbgl-viz.* library needed to be build via the Makefile in
boost_1_30_0/libs/graph/src directory.

Next, this is a Jamfile that can build the graphviz.cpp file from the
example directory:

exe graphviz : graphviz.cpp
  :
  <sysinclude>$(BOOST_BUILD_PATH)
  <library-file>/usr/local/lib/libbgl-viz.so
  : debug release <inlining>on #inlining prevents linker name clashes
due to truncation!
  ;

Note the BOOST_BUILD_PATH environment variable. If it is defined, bjam
will work properly outside of the boost_1_30_0 directory tree.

On my linux system, it is defined as:
/home/jholle/boost_1_30_0

Another note. The <library-file> directive is the way to specify that a
"foriegn" library be linked to.
This works with both static and shared libraries. I assume on windows,
the approbriate import library needs referencing.
If one used the <lib> or <dll> directive here, it would produce a
requirement that a Jamfile be associated with the library.