From: Chris Hackett (hackett_bae_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-01 14:46:16

Hello, I am trying to build Boost with the Forte
compiler and am getting many Assertion errors. I tried
the same things Robert Reece tried (see Subject:
type_traits/is_convertible crashes Forte 6.2u2 and
Forte 7.0) and get the same results he described.

I am using Forte 7, Solaris 8, and the latest version
of Boost (1.30).

My main.cpp file looks like:
#include
"boost/type_traits/detail/size_t_trait_def.hpp"

// Try using the BOOST_TT_AUX_SIZE_T_TRAIT_DEF1 macro.
namespace boost {
BOOST_TT_AUX_SIZE_T_TRAIT_DEF1(alignment_of,T,::boost::detail::alignment_of_impl<T>::value)
} // namespace boost

int main( void )
{
  return 0;
}

and I compile with:
CC -I$BOOST_DIR main.cpp

The compiler prints an error:
>> Assertion: (../lnk/init.cc, line 991)
    while processing main.cpp at line 3.

The problems appear to be related to the use of
BOOST_TT_AUX_SIZE_T_TRAIT_DEF1 and other similar
#define macros.

Has anyone come up with any work-arounds or solutions?
You can email me at hackett_bae_at_yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Chris.