From: agiatojon (JonAgiato_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-02 12:55:50

Hello all,

I am attempting to use the non-deterministic random number generator
class contined in boost::random and have encountered the following
errors upon running the program. The program does compile without
errors, and I am using KDevelop 2.1.3 in the RedHat Linux 8.0
environment.

Here's the offending code:

#include <iostream>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <boost/nondet_random.hpp>

int main()
{
   boost::random_device dev;

   return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

I receive the following error message:
/home/JAgiato/boosttest/boosttest/main.cpp:6: undefined reference to
`boost::random_device::default_token'
/home/JAgiato/boosttest/boosttest/main.cpp:6: undefined reference to
`boost::random_device::random_device[in-charge](std::basic_string<char,
std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/home/JAgiato/boosttest/boosttest/main.cpp:8: undefined reference to
`boost::random_device::~random_device [in-charge]()'

My goal is to use this class to produce non-deterministic 32 bit
integers which will be streamed to a binary file. Any help is greatly
apprechiated! Thank you!

Jon Agiato
JonAgiato_at_[hidden]