From: cl_corba_at (Christian.Lipp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-13 11:11:04

What is the "boost way" of parsing command line arguments?

When I searched the archives, some user recommended spirit for this
task, but this seems to heavy-weighted for me.

I tried tokenizer, but a seperator for the command line is not
provided.
- you have to remove quotations marks
  (only escaped_list_separator can do this)
- your have to ignore multiple tokens
  (only char_seperator can do this)
If I write this seperator its still wouldn't provide the api I would
like to see for a command line parser.

I saw in the past there have been an attemp by Bill Kempf to provide
a command line parser for boost but it didn't find its way into the
library from reasons I don't know.

So is there a recommended way to parse options I did overlook?
Is a command line parser planned?

Thanks for your answers,
CL