From: Richard Hadsell (hadsell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-16 09:17:13

Ralf Hupfer wrote:

>I am having trouble with regex on an Alpha-Dec with Compaq's compiler 6.3.
>
>I've got regex to compile with generic.mak as follows:
>
>CXX="cxx" CXXFLAGS="-inline-none" -D__USE_STD_IOSTREAM
>-DBOOST_REGEX_NO_EXTERNAL_TEMPLATES" LINKER="cxx" gnumake generic.mak
>
>but then it comes to the link step an error occures:
>
>ld:
>Unresolved:
>main

Somewhere in the compiler's docs they tell you to ignore this error
message. It's a symptom of the way they build the .so library that is
similiar to building an executable program. They do it this way to
bring in the template instantiations, but a byproduct is the complaint
about the executable not having a main() function.

--
Dick Hadsell			914-259-6320  Fax: 914-259-6499
Reply-to:			hadsell_at_[hidden]