From: subsample (knuarv_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-20 06:14:35

Failing to link a program with libboost_thread, even though I supply
the -lboost_thread directive in the makefile. I'm kind of new to
makefiles, having only used Visual C++ in Windows untill recently. I
've tried changing things around a bit, doesn't help. A minimal test
program I wrote links fine with boost_thread though. My makefile looks
like this:
CC=g++
CFLAGS=-g
LDFLAGS=-L/home/sub/Libs/alsa/lib -lasound -lboost_thread -lpthread

alsatest: alsatest.o
        $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -o alsatest SmallObj.o alsatest.o

alsatest.o: smallobj.o
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) alsatest.cpp -c

smallobj.o:
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) /usr/include/loki/SmallObj.cpp -c
clean:
        rm -f *.o alsatest

g++ complains about the same missing references no matter if I include
the -lboost_thread or not. If someone could point out what I'm doing
wrong I'd be grateful : )