From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-04-23 08:28:27

The cast is intentional. The intent is to add one if the result of the
modulus is non-zero. I don't know why the compiler is producing warnings,
since I'm using an explicit cast.

> Another test I tried was a map<string,string>, actually declared like
> this:

I'm having a hard time deciphering the compiler errors (I'm not used to MSVC
errors), but it looks like it might be a problem in the STL. Have you tried
this with STLPort?

> If you have an example of a map<string,string> using pool_allocator
> that compiles on VC7.1, I'd *love* to see it. That's all I'm really
> after, here.

Is MSVC available for download for non-MSDN subscribers? If so, I can
download it and try to get it working.

        -Steve