From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-06 11:53:24

At 01:02 AM 5/6/2003, richard_fanta wrote:

>Looking at the filesystem library and the attributes work in boost-
>sandbox, I don't immediately see "last access time" being available
>for a file or directory.
>
>"Last access time" was included in Dietmar Kuehl's original dir_it.
>
>Can someone kindly tell me why this was removed? It's highly useful,
>and part of every filesystem that I've seen.

ISO/IEC 9660:1999 filesystems don't supply a "last access" time stamp,
perhaps because the original uses were on write-once media.

Perhaps we should do more to support attribute query within the main
library, but I don't really think we should include any that aren't
reliably supported by at least POSIX, Windows, and ISO-9660 systems.

--Beman