From: Tanton Gibbs (thgibbs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-06 19:35:47

This makes sense. So, replacement is done after substitution on the RHS,
not before macro argument substitution, correct?

In other words, with
#define EMPTY()
#define MACRO( x ) x

MACRO( EMPTY() )
would have EMPTY() substituted for the formal macro parameter x and the RHS
value x. Then, a macros are executed on the RHS changing EMPTY() into
nothing (literally).