From: Andre du Toit (adutoit_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-21 13:39:12

Hi.

What baffles me the most about this issue is that the Intel compiler
should mostly be compatible
with MSVC6 compiler, according to the Intel website. I.e. no special
compiler switches for compatibility required? Anyway; I got around this
issue with a temporary #define MSVC6 for the offending code section
followed by a prompt #undef. Ugly, I know, but so is the code involved.
 I mean, the following lines (26-27) of
<boost/posix_time/time_formatters.hpp> does not install any trust
whatsoever on my part:

//TODO the following is totally non-generic, yelling FIXME
#if (defined(BOOST_MSVC) && (_MSC_VER <= 1200)) // 1200 == VC++ 6.0

Oh, the Intel compiler like most of the other compilers on the
regression test page does not appear to pass the regression tests. In
my book "pass" would be if the compiler fails none of the tests, but
heck, I have never written a compiler so that means my opinion is null
and void on this :).

Thanks for the help!

Greetings,
Andre.